The operation of cable line is a highly professional work. The technical training of AAAC Cable operators should focus on cultivating various basic skills. The learning contents mainly include:
1) basic knowledge of electrical theory;
2) structure and characteristics of power cable;
3) cable laying and manufacturing methods of joints and terminals;
4) understand the cable line design, power system operation diagram and assembly drawing of joint process;
5) performance, processing and storage methods of various common insulating materials;
6) high altitude operation skills on poles and towers;
7) cable test technology;
8) be familiar with safety and quality management procedures and systems (including urban construction, public utilities, transportation and other relevant regulations);
9) computer and other related skills.
in addition to the necessary classroom explanation and on-site practice, these basic skills should be carried out in combination with the on-site conditions. Cable line operators must be trained in the above basic skills, have certain on-site work experience, and then learn the professional knowledge of ACSR Cable operation in order to be competent for the operation of cable line.
The above text is excerpted from the technical Q & A on power cable installation and operation)
 Shi Chuanqing, editor in chief. Q & A on power cable installation and operation technology. Beijing: China Electric Power Press, 2007
Requirements for technical training in DL / T 1253-2013 operation specification for power cable lines
7.8 technical training
7.8.1 cable operators shall receive special technical training and pass the examination before they can carry out various operation work, and post assessment shall be carried out at least once a year.
7.8.2 operators shall have the following basic knowledge and skills:
a) Relevant laws and regulations, systems, plans, standards, etc;
b) Basic theoretical knowledge of power cable line;
c) Drawing of cable route map;
d) Finding method of cable fault;
e) Cable test and live detection technology;
f) Various laying methods of ABC Cable lines;
g) Key points of process construction methods of various cable accessories;
h) Work at height on Tower:
i) State evaluation and state management requirements.
Relevant training discussion in the three-year action plan for improving the professional level of high voltage cable 2019-2021:
3. The contradiction between the high requirements for the whole process control of cables and the low level of personnel and equipment is becoming increasingly prominent
With the rapid growth of equipment scale and assets, the business volume of operation and maintenance, maintenance and engineering cooperation of cables and channels is growing rapidly. In order to ensure high reliability power supply of urban power grid, the requirements for the whole process control of high-voltage cables are becoming higher and higher. However, some cable professionals have insufficient skills in inspection, test, maintenance and project acceptance, lack of civil engineering and other professionals, insufficient equipment allocation for test and detection, and there is still a gap with the actual work requirements. At the same time, the training of professionals is still lack of the support of practical training system, and the talent training mode needs to be improved.