In the new century, the importance of the ecological environment has become increasingly prominent, and environmental protection has gradually become the focus of attention and the mainstream of international development. Countries, organizations, companies and individuals all over the world are actively seeking environmental protection methods, and the laws and regulations that are compatible with them are becoming more complete and specific. Wires and cables are special commodities related to people’s life safety and the normal operation of almost all industries. In the face of people’s growing concern about the living environment and living environment, the market prospects of environmentally friendly cables are also increasingly promising, and gradually become the development trend of global power cables .The development potential cannot be underestimated.
Environmentally friendly cables refer to no heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, mercury, etc., and no bromine-based flame retardants. They have been tested by SGS recognized testing organizations for environmental performance, and comply with the European Union Environmental Protection Directive (RoSH) and exceed its index requirements . It does not produce harmful halogen gas, does not produce corrosive gas, generates less fever when burned, and does not pollute the soil.
With the formulation of the European Union’s environmental protection directives, Europe, the United States, Japan and other countries have increasingly higher environmental protection requirements for the cables used. They have banned the use or import of non-environmental-friendly cables. The international market’s demand for environmentally-friendly cables is advancing with each passing day. With the maturity of environmentally-friendly cable production technology, the research and development and large-scale adoption of eco-friendly wires and cables has become an international trend.
Although the pace of China’s environmental protection cables lags behind foreign countries, it still conforms to the green trend and is constantly developing and improving the environmental protection cable market. The development and production of domestic environmental protection cables have also attracted attention from all parties. At the annual meeting of the national wire and cable industry, a green environmental protection — sustainable development strategy was formally proposed. It also clearly stipulates that “civil buildings with a height of more than 100 meters must use low-smoke, halogen-free, Class A flame-retardant wires and cables. High-rise buildings with a height of more than 100 meters and civil buildings less than 100 meters, such as a certain scale Hospitals, public entertainment venues, underground shopping malls, libraries, stations, supermarkets, terminal buildings, office buildings…, at least smoke-free, low-halogen and flame-retardant cables should be used.” One of the key projects of Zhejiang Province’s block industry standardization in 2012 ——The successful acceptance of the environmental protection wire and cable alliance standard marks a big step forward in the formulation of environmental protection standards in China.
It can be seen that the ecological environment-friendly cable market has a very broad prospect, which will undoubtedly bring new space and opportunities to the sustainable development of the wire and cable industry.
In many places in key projects, low-smoke and halogen-free wires and cables are used in places such as fire fighting, monitoring, and alarms. People usually call them environmentally friendly cables. In fact, environmentally friendly cables do not refer to low-smoke, halogen-free wires and cables. It is a cable produced in accordance with the Japanese FN cable manufacturing standard.
With the global promotion and spread of the concept of green environmental protection, the concept of environmental protection is gradually permeating all walks of life, and with the gradual use of environmentally friendly products and gaining popularity, the wire and cable industry has also begun to attach importance to the development and promotion of environmentally friendly cables. Our country also attaches great importance to this field, and relevant laws and regulations expressly require that in the construction of major projects, the use of non-environmental protection cables is strictly prohibited.
So what is an environmentally friendly cable, and what are its characteristics?
1. High flame Retardancy: The environmental protection cable can fully guarantee its high building requirements for fire protection. In the event of a fire, the environmental protection cable can not only be difficult to burn, but also prevent the spread of flames and the expansion of disasters after burning.
2. Halogen-free: The use of green environmental protection insulation layer, sheath an special oxygen barrier materials not only make the environmental protection cable have good electrical and physical and mechanical properties, but also ensure that the product is halogen-free and solve the problem of burning “Secondary pollution” avoids carcinogenic “dioxin” substances produced when traditional PVC cables burn.
3.metals harmful to the human body. When the environmental protection cable is used and disposed of, it will not pollute the soil and water sources. And after harsh toxicity experiments, the white rats were safe and sound under the specified experimental conditions.3. Low toxin: The insulation and sheath of cable do not contain lead, cadmium and other heavy
4. No corrosive gas: new special coating materials that do not pollute the environment are used, so that environmentally friendly cables will not produce toxic gases such as HCL during production, use and combustion, and emit very little acid gas, which is harmful to personnel, equipment and instruments. Less damage and more environmentally friendly features.
5. High light transmittance: The smoke produced when the environmental protection cable burns is extremely thin, which is conducive to the evacuation of personnel and the conduct of firefighting. Generally speaking, the light transmittance of environmentally friendly cable products is greater than 40%, which is far higher than the standard of less than 20% for traditional flame-retardant cables and cables.
6. High protection against ultraviolet rays or water: This performance can make the environmental protection cable less likely to be weathered during use, slow down the aging speed of the environmental protection cable to a certain extent, and extend its service life.
In general, environmentally friendly cables are a major trend. In recent years, the sales share of environmentally friendly cable products has increased dramatically. Because environmentally friendly cables have the characteristics of non-toxic and non-polluting to people and the environment, high safety and reliability, and long service life, they are expected to become the mainstream of the future cable market.