Cables, especially PVC insulated power cables, have been widely used in urban power grid reconstruction projects. However, due to the particularity of the cable, the installation, operation and maintenance of the cable have special requirements. Cable insulation resistance is reduced by damp or water intrusion, which is an important aspect of cable line operation accidents.
Cause and harm of cable damp and water inflow
(1) When the new cable is delivered from the factory, both ends of the cable are sealed with plastic sealing sleeve. However, after a section of cable is used at the construction site according to the actual situation, the remaining part is simply wrapped with plastic cloth. As it is usually placed in the open air and the sealing is not good, water vapor will inevitably seep into the cable after a long time.
(2) During power cable laying, it is necessary to often cross roads, bridges and culverts. Due to weather or other reasons, a lot of water is accumulated in the cable trench. During the laying process, it is inevitable that the cable head will be immersed in the water, and the water will enter the cable due to loose wrapping or damage of plastic cloth. In addition, the outer sheath and even steel armor will sometimes occur during traction and pipe threading Scrape phenomenon, when using mechanical traction, this phenomenon is particularly prominent.
(3) After the completion of cable laying, due to the limitation of site construction conditions, the cable head can not be made in time, so that the cable fracture without sealing treatment is exposed to the air for a long time, even immersed in water, so that a large amount of water vapor enters the cable.
(4) During the manufacturing process of cable head (including terminal head and intermediate joint), due to the negligence of construction personnel, the newly treated cable end sometimes falls into the water on site.
(5) In the normal operation of the cable, if the breakdown and other faults occur for some reason, the water in the cable trench will enter the cable along the fault point; in the civil construction, especially in the construction site using large construction machinery, the cable damage or breakdown accidents caused by various human factors are also common. When this kind of accident occurs, the cable insulation will be seriously damaged, which will also cause cable water intrusion.
After the cable enters water, the aging phenomenon will occur under the action of electric field, which will eventually lead to cable breakdown.