Conductor, insulation and armored sheath are necessary for the composition of aluminum alloy cables. The quality of aluminum alloy cables mainly depends on the aluminum alloy conductor rods and cable insulation. Aluminum alloy cables have very good performance, corrosion resistance, and mechanical Performance, bending performance, flexibility, etc.
1. Aluminum alloy conductor rod
See if we can independently produce high-quality aluminum alloy conductor rods:
1. At present, there are not many manufacturers with independent aluminum alloy conductor production technology. They have aluminum alloy conductor rod production lines that can be continuously smelted, continuous casting, continuous casting and rolling. If they do not have independent aluminum alloy conductor rod production capacity, rely on Consignment processing, so-called secret smelting, or other aluminum alloy conductor rods purchased without a formal source not only cannot ensure the basic quality of aluminum alloy cables, but also cannot control the quality of the cables from the source.
2. In addition to the aluminum alloy conductor rod production line with smelting, continuous casting, continuous casting and rolling, it also depends on the size of the continuous casting billet section of its production line. The larger the section, the better the quality of the rolled aluminum alloy rod. Excellent, “good steel is made by hard work.” Excellent aluminum alloy conductor rods are the decisive factor for the electrical and mechanical properties of aluminum alloy cables. If you do not have high-quality aluminum alloy rods, no matter how drawing, stranding, cabling, armoring, etc., the subsequent processes cannot be changed The basic quality of its conductor.
2. Cable insulation
There are three things to look at with regard to insulation; cross-linking degree, stranded conductors, and conductor cable annealing:
1. Cross-linking degree: One of the advantages of aluminum alloy cables over copper cables is that all aluminum alloy cables are insulated with cross-linked polyethylene, and the operating temperature of the cable is 90 degrees. It is precisely because of the use of cross-linked polyethylene insulation that there is a problem of cross-linking degree. Regular professional aluminum alloy cable manufacturers should have a special cross-linking room.
2. Stranded conductor: Look at the conductor stranding technology and conductor stranding production line. At present, the stranded conductor equipment in the domestic cable industry is basically the same. The stranded conductor produced usually produces aluminum chips and burrs, which damage the insulation and affect the insulation. Effect, cause safety hazards and shorten insulation life. The advanced stranded conductor equipment is a sub-motor type, PLC program-controlled nano-technology conductor stranding equipment. Using this advanced process equipment, computer-controlled production programming, and innovative top-level nano-technology, the aluminum alloy conductors produced have no aluminum on the surface Chips, no burrs, no oil, no bumps, no scratches, no scratches, can effectively ensure that the cable insulation is free from any damage and destruction, and the service life of the product is much higher than that of similar products.
Third, the performance of aluminum alloy cables
1. Corrosion resistance: The corrosion resistance of pure aluminum is better than that of copper, but the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy is better than that of pure aluminum, because the chemical elements such as rare earth added to aluminum alloy can increase the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy, especially The performance of electrochemical corrosion resistance solves the long-term electrochemical corrosion problem of pure aluminum at the joint.
2. Mechanical properties: tensile strength and elongation. Compared with pure aluminum conductors, aluminum alloy conductors have added special ingredients and adopted special processing techniques to greatly improve the tensile strength, and the elongation rate is increased to 30%, making it safer and more reliable to use.
3. Bending performance: The bending performance of the aluminum core cable is very poor, and the bending is easy to break. The bending radius of the aluminum alloy power cable is 7 times the outer diameter of the cable, which is far better than the GB/T12706 “small bending when the cable is installed. 10 to 20 times the outer diameter of the cable specified in “Radius”.
4. Flexibility: As long as the pure aluminum cable is twisted at a certain angle for a few times, the conductor will crack or break, which is easy to cause accidents. The aluminum alloy power cable can withstand dozens of bends, eliminating the installation and use of pure aluminum cables in the past. The hidden dangers of accidents occurred during the process, which greatly improved the safety and reliability.
5. Aluminum alloy conductor is an emerging conductor material formed by adding rare earth, magnesium, copper, iron and other elements to pure aluminum through alloy technology. As we all know, after adding other alloying elements to aluminum, the electrical conductivity will decrease. However, through process control, the electrical conductivity can be restored to a level close to that of pure aluminum, making it have a current carrying capacity similar to that of pure aluminum.
6. Pure aluminum has poor creep resistance. The thermal expansion and contraction caused by power-on and power-off will cause a large amount of creep at the connection. After a long time, it will relax, and the contact resistance will increase and cause overheating, which is easy to cause accidents. The creep resistance of AA8000 series aluminum alloy is 300 of that of pure aluminum conductor, which greatly reduces the possibility of cable joint slack and improves the connection of conductors.