Due to the special structure of BTTZ rigid mineral insulated cables, it has some characteristics different from traditional cables; it is also the most superior fire resistance characteristic of mineral insulated cables.
Advantages of BTTZ rigid mineral insulated cable
1) Completely fireproof BTTZ cable itself does not burn at all, and it will not cause a fire source at the same time. Even in the case of flame barbecue, as long as the flame temperature is lower than the melting point of copper, the cable can be used without replacement after the flame is eliminated. In the case of being grilled by flames, no toxic smoke and gas will be produced.
2) Strong overload protection capability When the line is overloaded, the cable will not be damaged as long as the heat does not reach the melting point of copper. Even if the breakdown occurs instantaneously, the magnesium oxide crystal at the breakdown will not form carbides. After the overload is eliminated, the cable performance will not change, and normal use can still be continued.
3) High working temperature Since the melting point of the insulating layer of magnesium oxide crystal is much higher than the melting point of copper, the maximum normal working temperature of the cable can reach 250°C, and it can continue to operate at a temperature close to the melting point of copper of 1083°C in the short term.
4) Good anti-corrosion and explosion-proof performance. As the seamless copper tube is used as the sheath, the BTTZ cable has the performance of waterproof, moisture, oil and some chemical substances. The copper tube has considerable mechanical strength, so it has better explosion-proof performance.
5) Long service life BTTZ cables are all made of inorganic materials, so there is no insulation aging, and the service life can reach more than 3 times that of ordinary cables.
6) Greater flexibility in laying BTTZ cables can be laid on the bridge with ordinary cables, and can also be laid with special brackets, which is more flexible than ordinary cable laying. It also saves the investment in cable bridges and reduces the overall cost of the project.